When it comes to renting vs. owning, renting can often seem like the safe choice. We understand that owning a home is one of the most important steps you will take in life. Saving enough money for a home can seem daunting, but there a lot of advantages to home owning – even money saving ones!
Find out what you can afford
Use our online pre-approval tool to see how much you can afford.
If you are not sure on renting vs owning, take a look at these factors below!
- Owning can be less expensive than renting. Rent prices are on the rise and change frequently. With a fixed mortgage, your monthly payments are likely to stay the same, no matter how the markets move.
- Put your net worth on “cruise control”. The value of owning your property should increase over time, while renting can feel like a money pit. No more throwing your money away!
- Save on your taxes! Owning a home gives you tax deductions for your mortgage interest paid and property taxes.
- When you own a home, you’re the boss. Owning your home means you can decorate and make renovations or changes without prior approval from a landlord or property manager.
- You no longer have a temporary living situation – no more year to year renting and leases – you have a home.
Owning a home could be the best decision for you and your family. If you think buying is the next step for you, visit our Mortgage Resources Page to learn more, or Contact Us today. We’re here to help you get started.
Why Trailblazer Mortgage?
At Trailblazer Mortgage we work directly with our partners for fast, reliable mortgage services. We offer a wide array of competitive mortgage products with experience in every area of residential mortgage lending. As your dedicated mortgage lender, we aim to streamline communication with your home purchase team to ensure a smooth construction and financing experience.
Buying a home is one of the most important financial decisions you will make. Understanding mortgages and the home buying process can help make it less stressful, and so can partnering with a mortgage lender you can trust. At Trailblazer Mortgage, we’re dedicated to helping home buyers finance their dream home. All information presented is for educational purposes only and not intended as financial advice.
Learn More About Mortgages
Conforming Loan Limit Increase for 2023
The Federal Housing Financing Agency has recently announced that the new conforming loan limit for 2023.
Mortgage Numbers That Matter
Whether you are a first-time home buyer or an experienced one, there are three numbers that will help determine the type of mortgage you qualify for. Let’s learn more about the mortgage numbers that matter.
Opt Out of Firm Offers of Credit or Insurance
Many buyers find that applying for a mortgage can trigger an influx of marketing from other companies trying to win their business. Fortunately, there are ways to prevent this flood of offers from overwhelming you during an already stressful time.